Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Curious...

Last night, I did something I never thought I would do while living here: I turned on the heat. I actually asked Oliver if he thought we even had a way to heat the house. Thankfully, it was a yes, but I wouldn't have been shocked to find out there wasn't anything. This is the Bahamas, after all!

It's really not winter cold or anything right now, but it's chilly. We were experiencing the 40s the last few days in West Palm Beach, and apparently it's been cool down here, too. (I was amused at one of the news stories we watched about WPB; it was all about how bathing suit sales were down that week. What a curious story to be watching in January.) I haven't brought in my plants or anything, as it is most likely not going to get frosty. It is a nice change to walk out of the gym and feel cool air on your face. I do hate how long it takes to cool down after a workout when it's warm.

We had actually experienced a bit of a cool down before leaving on our trip. This picture was taken right after Christmas, when we took to the beach. We did actually go swimming, but brought jackets for afterward. With the cooler weather, there were no biting flies, which was nice. I hate those suckers. I don't think swimming will be something we do any time soon, so I'm glad we went when we did.

beach with a jacket

1 sonar pings:

Wife of a Sailor said...

I hate the cold, but I bet it IS a nice to feel cool for once.