Monday, January 5, 2009

You Know You've Been a Military Wife For Awhile When...

...you read someone else's blog recounting their husband's two month absence (an absence marked by a couple weekend visits and plenty of Skype), and you think, wow, that's all? To be fair, he's never gone away before, or so I gather. It's always a shock the first time it happens, and no matter how long your spouse is gone, it's hard and I recognize that. But, yeah, I totally know I've been doing this for over five years now just from my own "piece of cake!" reaction to it. To all you first timers, it gets better. You figure it out (or you beg him to get out if you never do). Also, I can't get over how much easier it is to have your spouse out to sea when you are no longer under the influence of hormonal mood swings gifted liberally from your IUD. Seriously, I'd rather risk another pregnancy than ever do birth control again. Ick. On an unrelated note, does anyone want to remind me where I'm living again? Because, looking out my window, I have a suspicion I've been warped back to Rhode Island as I look at the white stuff, once again, blanketing our front lawn. As I have an eye appointment in the morning, I very much hope life doesn't come to a standstill again. On a brighter note, Seattle has come to its senses and has decided that salt is going to be allowed on a limited basis to combat all the cars sliding down the hills. Here's hoping our county will wake up as well. I'm really not sad it snowed, of course, and Wyatt is completely excited. His grandmother sent him this via UPS (a package that didn't make it until after Christmas because of the aforementioned snow shutdown, at which point in time the rain had commenced and washed most of it away): This is the first thing he ran for when he noticed the snow this evening. Luckily for me, he didn't want to pick up the toys all over the living room floor, so we didn't have to go outside and test it out. Hopefully, it doesn't rain tomorrow before we can go out and make use of it, assuming the snow is sticky enough to build a snowman.

0 sonar pings: