Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Latest on Order Picking

I thought the orders situation was on the back burner for a few months, due to several things. Then, a couple days ago, Oliver came home with a possible situation for us. Basically, if he agrees to move in July instead of October, and they can find someone to fill his billet then, we will be able to get orders to our top choice. He asked me what I thought, and I really didn't have to think at all - absolutely I am behind the plan!

The one bad thing is having to go back to a boat early; we're certainly not raring to do the deployment thing. However, we'd kind of like to, you know, have a grocery store to go to again. Little things like that. More importantly, leaving early will solve the school issue. The program I want to use to homeschool is through the public school - kind of like a charter school. So, they follow the school year, and the biggest catch is that you have to have residency to apply. So, we need to live there at least a month before school starts so we can apply and get all the paperwork done in time for the first semester. Otherwise, we have to start in January and do, I don't know, the rest of the time.

This has been a headache for us. The last thing I want to do is split us up when it's not necessary. As bad as a deployment can be, it's far worse when you know the only thing keeping you apart is a decision you made, even if it was for the best of reasons.


I'm just praying now that someone will want his orders.

2 sonar pings:

Emily said...

Good luck! This sounds like a fasting and prayer issue...

emilysuze said...

I can't believe you guys are up for orders again already! It seems like you just moved from WA a little while ago! Good luck getting the orders that you want.